A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
__Proverbs 25:28 (ESV)
Emotions are strong feelings deriving from one’s circumstances, mood, or relationship with others (Oxford Dictionary). Synonyms for emotions are feelings, rage, responsiveness, zeal, or excitement.
Emotions do exist! We cannot deny that they exist. God created us with emotions. Emotions are a gift from God, but we have to keep them under control. Emotions are a normal part of our lives. Your emotions demonstrate how you feel about something, someone, or your circumstances. Emotions can be positive or negative.
- Negative emotions are enemies of success.
- Negative emotions can hold you back from being all God called you to be.
- Negative emotions can keep you from fulfilling God’s plan for your life.
- Negative emotions can steal your joy, peace, happiness, and your dreams.
- Negative emotions such as fear, jealousy, feelings of inferiority, rage, hatred, revenge, self-pity, and anger can keep you from reaching your goals and fulfilling your God-given potential.
- Negative emotions can ruin your life!
- Positive emotions on the other hand, are friends of success.
- Positive emotions can launch you toward your goals.
- Positive emotions can help you to realize your dreams.
- Positive emotions can help you achieve greatness in life.
- Positive emotions such as love, joy, peace, hope, gratitude, kindness, cheerfulness, and confidence can help you fulfill your God-given potential.
- Positive emotions will help you to thrive in life and be all God created you to be.
If you want to be successful, don’t allow your emotions to rule you, but take charge of your emotions and rule them instead. Don’t let them lead you in the wrong direction, but you lead them in the right direction. Also, be led by the Holy Spirit and do not be led by your emotions.
If you want to live the life of your dreams, it is imperative for you to avoid negative emotions and choose to control your emotions. Yes, you have a choice. Don’t allow your emotions to control you! God has given us the ability to control our emotions. We are responsible for our emotions. God wants us to live an emotionally stable life.
God has also given us the power we need to control our emotional reactions to whatever we have to face in life. Therefore, our emotional stability does not have to depend upon our circumstances. With the help of God, we can react positively to negative circumstance in our lives. Don’t allow your circumstances to control your emotions. You can conqueror your emotions. Take charge of your emotions today and walk in victory!
Copyright © 2018 by Miranda Burnette. All rights reserved.